Gwen Walstrand is a Springfield, Missouri based artist and Professor of Photography at Missouri State University. Gwen has exhibited her photographs in national and international exhibitions including shows Rome with Loosenart, in Venice at the Arte Laguna Prize exhibition, at the Koli Cultural Foundation in Finland, in Spain at the prestigious biennial FotoNoviembre, at Santa Reparata Gallery of Contemporary Art in Florence, Italy, Muse Gallery in Philadelphia, and SoHo Photo Gallery in New York City. Gwen has received artist in residency awards from the Ucross Foundation in Clearmont, Wyoming, Koli Cultural Society in Koli, Finland, ChiantiArts in Rignana, Italy, Arte Studio Ginestrelle in Assisi, Italy, Jentel Arts in Banner, Wyoming, and Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts in Nebraska City, Nebraska. Her work has been published in Orion Magazine-Nature/Culture/Place and in two editions of Christopher James’ Book of Alternative Photographic Processes.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Mulvane Art Museum, Topeka, Kansas, USA
- Tenerife Espacio de las Artes, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
- Daum Museum of Contemporary Art, Sedalia, Missouri, USA
- Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts, Nebraska City, Nebraska
- Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
- Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, Missouri, USA